Wednesday 9 May 2012

Pizza Express birthday email

Ok so this is not something I've made / am making, but it is highly relevant to all the many hours I've spent in my digital life trying to get HTML emails to display properly. I just got this from Pizza Express - my birthday is coming up soon, and they sent me a happy birthday email. When I opened it, it looked like this:


Cute enough,but then I clicked 'display images' out of habit, and instantly realised that the image above was built using tables, with the image to be loaded cut up into a thousand little pieces to fit into the layout. As someone who has worked exhaustively with tables, I know that the cute pixel image above probably took wayyyy longer than the email with images:


which, incidentally, also has my name on it :) I like it, it makes me happy, and I will probably go to Pizza Express for my birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment